Sunday, January 18, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This was an activity I did on Facebook and thought I'd post it on here. Just cuz.

1. Watching a marching band makes me tear up (in a good way).

2. I am an introvert and absolutely love spending time alone.

3. I would love to travel the world with my family.

4. Peppermint and alcohol both make me sneeze.

5. I pop my toes a lot.

6. Writing a personal essay energizes me almost more than anything else.

7. Being a mother continually teaches me so much about my relationship with God.

8. Being a mother is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's also the most wonderful.

9. I bought my wedding dress before Kevin even asked me to marry him.

10. I love dance music, but I'm way too self-conscious to dance. I also lack grace, balance, and dance moves.

11. I once served 15 straight points in a volleyball game in high school. And I hit 3 homeruns in 2 back-to-back softball games in high school. (Yes, I played sports back in the day.)

12. I was editor of my high school newspaper.

13. I am in the Mississippi College Hall of Fame.

14. I would rather write letters and e-mail than talk on the phone or face-to-face.

15. I spend at least an hour in the bathtub and have actually spent three hours in the tub on more than one occasion. It's my solitude!

16. When I was 10 years old, I hit a kid with my bike, because I was too shy to tell him to move out of the way. Instead, I got to go knock on the door and tell his mother that I ran over her son and that he was crying on the sidewalk.

17. Knitting and writing are my absolute favorite hobbies. And drinking coffee.

18. I secretly like rap music (minus the obscene lyrics).

19. I love to stay up late and absolutely hate getting up in the mornings. 10:00 a.m. would be my ideal rising time.

20. I used to be a high school English teacher. Most likely won't ever be again.

21. I am terrified of heights, drowning, sea creatures, mice, suffocating, being buried alive, and small enclosed spaces.

22. I have control issues.

23. I hate to clean. This seems to be getting worse.

24. My father and grandfather have always called me "Blue" or "Bluedoll" because of my eyes.

25. When I was in third grade, I carried my boyfriend's school pictures in the pockets of my purple Kangaroo tennis shoes.

No comments: