Friday, January 23, 2009

Encouragement From Friends

" . . . that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine." (Romans 1:12)


I read this verse just a few minutes ago, and I immediately thought of my closest girlfriends. This is what we do for each other; we encourage one another in our faith. These women play such an important role in my spiritual journey. Some of them I have known for nearly two decades (I can't believe I'm old enough to even be able to say that.); others I have known only a year or two.

I truly value my time with each of these women. And I am grateful to know that I can call on any one of them for advice, a listening ear, a fresh perspective, a voice of sanity, or just a much-needed laugh. I do not take these relationships for granted, and I just wanted to say thank you for encouraging me in my faith.

No comments: