Monday, September 21, 2009

One Another

Last Sunday my pastor, Stacy Andrews, talked a little bit about living according to the "one another" verses in the Bible. This really stuck with me, and so I set out to find them. There are a lot! Here are just some of them.

It's a very humbling and challenging way to live this life, but it is also the most fulfilling. I think I need to post this list in every room of my house. And in the van. And in my purse. And . . . .


" . . . love one another, even as I have loved you . . . " (John 13:34)

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor." (Romans 12:10)

"Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation." (Romans 12:16)

" . . . let us not judge one another anymore . . . " (Romans 14:13)

" . . . accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God." (Romans 15:7)

" . . . through love serve one another." (Galatians 5:13)

". . . with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love . . . " (Ephesians 4:2)

"Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." (Ephesians 4:32)

" . . . be subject to one another in the fear of Christ." (Ephesians 5:21)

"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves . . . " (Philippians 2:3)

" . . . bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you." (Colossians 3:13)

" . . . comfort one another . . . " (I Thessalonians 4:18)

" . . . encourage one another and build up one another . . . " (I Thessalonians 5:11)

"Live in peace with one another." (I Thessalonians 5:13)

" . . . always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people." (I Thessalonians 5:15)

" . . . encourage one another day after day . . . " (Hebrews 3:13)

" . . . consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds . . . " (Hebrews 10:24)

"Do not speak against one another . . . " (James 4:11)

"Do not complain, brethren, against one another . . . " (James 5:9)

" . . . confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed . . . " (James 5:16)

"Be hospitable to one another without complaint . . . " (I Peter 4:9)

" . . . clothe yourselves with humility toward one another . . . " (I Peter 5:5)

No comments: