Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dopey

When Caleb was two years old, he loved the movie Snow White (or "O-White," as he called it). As we were driving down the road one day, he was looking at an "O-White" book and kept wanting to show me a picture. 

Caleb: Mom! Mom!
Me: Yes, Caleb?
Caleb: Dopey!
[Pause] 
Caleb: Mom! Mom!
Me: Yes, Caleb?
Caleb: Dopey!
[Pause] 
Caleb: Mom! Mom! . . .
[You get the idea.]

Thinking I'd cut off my toddler's little game after indulging him for about 18 rounds . . . 

Caleb: Mom! Mom!
Me: Dopey?
Caleb: No!
[Pause] 
Caleb: Mom! Mom!
Me: YES, Caleb?!
Caleb: Dopey!

Five years later, I think he still has me playing this game, because he canNOT tell me a story without interjecting several "And guess what's?", to which I must reply "What?" before hearing the next few phrases. I guess he just always wants to make sure I'm listening.

1 comment:

Christy Bullock said...

Hahaha! Hilarious! I can hear all the "guess what's?" now! Oh, wait, that's Tucker. :) Actually, he says, "and ya know what?"